Monday 3 October 2011

Eclipsed.

I held the darling light in my arms
And as she fell to sleep
Cradled in this
Precious immensity of love
My soul rose
uninvited from the deep,
to bear there in the darkness,
the loss of You... of Us.
I held her as I may have held our own. Softly. Gently.
Sinead. Streams fell silently
From my eyes. My daughter’s sister,
Your son. My emptied womb.
Starkly confronted,
I wept.

Unwilling witness
As our Eden falls,
Forsaken, removed,
replaced?
Tormented I
beg blindness...
if not for truth’s
sweet sake.

Like a widow walks
The ghost of promise
Still ties
Around my wrist.
Though the strings slipped away in shadow
The twilight of memory exists.

In nightmares
I am fearless,
I wade through rivers rushed with blood.
I cross.

In dreams
I’ve emptied laughter,
As prevailing as time.
An omnipresent solace,
Where miracles lie in wake;
And as I rock this first
which has reached home...
I survive this horrid desert.

I raise the moon.

No comments:

Post a Comment